I have a weakness for cookies with powdered sugar on them. A handful of nuggets and a cold glass of milk – mmmmmmm good! These delicious little nuggets are a close relative to the Sand Tart cookies that my Mother picked up at the bakery every year for my birthday celebration at school.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, for the dough
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almonds or pecans, finely chopped, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, almonds and salt. Mix until dough forms.
- Bake for 10-13 min. until set but not brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets and place on wire racks to cool for 10 mins.
- Roll cookies in 3/4 cup powdered sugar and serve.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen.