This salad is a favorite year-round at our home. It’s so simple and easy to make. No, I don’t use bottled Italian salad dressing. You can add garlic to this salad, but remember, garlic gets stronger each day so go easy. In the summer I add fresh herbs like dill, basil, and oregano.
- 1 lb package of pasta – you choose what color and shape you want. Be creative!
- 1 package Monterey grilled artichoke hearts (any artichoke hearts will do, but if you can find these at your Whole Foods store by all means get them – they are outstanding!)
- 1 package fresh grape tomatoes
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted (I love these olives!)
- 1/2 jar Roasted Red and Yellow Peppers, rough chopped
- 1 pound of good feta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package of pine nuts, toasted (be careful, they toast quickly)
- Kosher salt
- 1/cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
For the dressing: Wisk the following ingredients together to infuse. Pour over salad ingredients and toss.
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar (any flavor will do)
- 12 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic – smashed (optional)